Hi Troop 582 Scouts & Parents,
Sign up and join the troop for a fun weekend of caving and camping at Raccoon Mountain. The troop has really enjoyed caving at Raccoon Mountain in previous years. You don’t want to miss this event! We will drive up on Saturday morning, go caving during the afternoon, camp overnight, and return home on Sunday morning.
Event: Raccoon Mountain Caving & Camping Weekend (319 West Hills Drive Chattanooga, TN 37419)
When: Saturday, August 24th – 8:00am (Meet at St. Oliver’s)
Return: Sunday, August 25th – 12:00pm (Back at St. Oliver’s around this time)
Cost for scouts: $60 ($60 includes $40 caving fee, $5 camping fee, $5 per meal for 3 meals)
Cost for Adults/Leaders: $60 ($60 includes $40 caving fee, $5 camping fee, $5 per meal for 3 meals)
– Every person attending must sign the Raccoon Mountain waiver (link below) and the troop permission slip.
– All participants must be at least 10-years old and 56” tall.
– Correct clothing must be worn for the caving portion of this outing.
– Bring $5 for gas money if not riding with parent.
– Eat breakfast before arriving at the church on Saturday morning.
– All attending adults must have current Youth Protection Training.
The sign up page for this event is here: http://www.troop582.org/2019/07/raccoon-mtn-caving-and-camping-weekend-sign-up-sheet/
Raccoon Mountain Waiver is here (required for everyone who is caving): Raccoon Mountain Waiver
Monday, August 19th is the last day to sign up for this event. Payment and signed permission slip are due by this date. The permission slip can be found on the Resources page.
Planned Itinerary on 8/24/19:
8:00am – Meet at St. Oliver’s
8:30am – Depart St. Oliver’s
11:00am – Arrive and eat lunch
12:00pm – Check-in at noon & set up camp
1:30pm – Arrive at Caverns for training & gear up
2:00 – 5:00pm – Advance Group Tour (± 3 hrs.)
5:00 – 6:00pm – Shower / Clean-up
6:00pm – Dinner
Planned Itinerary on 8/25/19:
7:00am – 9:30am – Breakfast, camp break down, cleanup
9:30am – Depart Raccoon Mountain
12:00pm – Arrive back at St. Oliver’s